Skip to main content
Documents required to apply for a minor passport (15 yrs old and under):
- A completed passport application (form DS-11) for first time and renewal applicants. This form is available in our office or at the Department of State website.
- Proof of child's citizenship. If the child is born in Texas, the Long Form birth certificate is preferred, but click on the citizenship link to see if your Texas birth certificate meets the additional State Department requirements.
- Evidence of child's relationship to the parent/guardian(s), provide one of the following:
- Certified US birth certificate including parents' names
- Adoption decree including adopting parent(s)' names
- Court order establishing custody
- Foreign birth certificate including both parents' names with official English translation
- Parental identification (valid government-issued ID – driver license, ID card, US passport or Military ID).
- Both parents, along with the child must be present. If only one parent is able to appear in person, please submit a notarized Form DS-3053, Statement of Consent, for the absent parent. Please make sure to include a front and back copy of the absent parent's identification along with the form.
- One passport photo - we provide passport photo services in our office.
- Appropriate fees