The ISSS Front Desk is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Front Desk staff can assist with general questions and most document pick-up. Note: H-1B employees must schedule an appointment to pick up documents.
Schedule an international student advising appointment. As a courtesy to your fellow international students, schedule only one appointment you know you can attend. Should you be unable to make your scheduled appointment, refer to your appointment confirmation email for cancellation instructions.
- Monday 9:00 – 11:30 a.m.
- Tuesday 1:30 – 4:00 p.m
- Wednesday 1:30 – 4:00 p.m
- Thursday 9:00 – 11:30 a.m. & 1:30 – 4:00 p.m
- Friday 1:30 – 4:00 p.m
Note: The following services do not require an appointment, however, you must come in during the advising hours listed above:
- Travel Signature on your I-20 or DS-2019
- Employment Verification Letter for SSN Application
- Concurrent Enrollment Letter Requests
- Change of Major I-20
- Obtain transfer complete I-20
- Signing a Q-drop form (if you will still maintain full-time enrollment)
- Enrollment Verification Letter (for Exchange Students)
Appointments with the Exchange Advisor are reserved for students who are on a reciprocal exchange from a partner university. Student interns and visiting scholars should make an appointment with a scholar advisor for their needs.
The Exchange Advisor is available at the following times:
- Monday, Tuesday, and Friday 3:00 – 4:30.
Schedule an appointment with the Exchange Student Advisor. As a courtesy to your fellow exchange students, please schedule only one appointment you know you can attend. Should you be unable to make your scheduled appointment, please refer to your appointment confirmation email for cancellation instructions.
Please note: The following services do not require an appointment. You may come in between the above hours without an appointment, to request the following:
- Travel Signature on your DS-2019
- Employment Verification Letter for SSN
- Signing a Q-Drop form (if you will still maintain full-time enrollment)
- Enrollment Verification Letter
For general questions, please email: email@example.com.
The Sponsored Student Advisor supports students who are sponsored by a government, company, or organization which utilizes 3rd party billing. The Sponsored Student Advisor assists with issues involving immigration, sponsorship and billing, general insurance and tax questions, and also advises students on questions related to academic progress and personal considerations. Sponsored students are encouraged to make an appointment, but can always email Tina Fiet, Sponsored Student Advisor, to suggest an alternate time that may be more convenient. Schedule an appointment with the Sponsored Student Advisor.
Sponsored Student Appointments are available at the following times:
Please note that students are encouraged to make an appointment during one of these allotted times, but that the Sponsored Student Advisor and Assistant Director of Sponsored Student Services are available to support students outside of these appointments as well.
- Monday 1:30-2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday 1:30-2:30 p.m.
- Wednesday 10:00-11:30 a.m.
- Thursday 10:00-11:30 a.m.
- Friday 1:30-2:30 p.m.
For general sponsored student questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appointments are required for faculty and scholar advising services. Click one of the links below to schedule an appointment:
- Individual Advising Appointment for J-1, H-1B, TN, O-1, and F-1 OPT faculty and scholars
- Individual Advising Appointment for Permanent Residency issues
- J-1 Scholar Orientation Appointment - Required for new visiting researchers, professors, and other scholars in J-1 status. (Mondays & Wednesdays at 2:00 p.m.)
To see insurance advising hours or schedule an appointment, please see the insurance appointments page.