The CELTA stands for Certificate in English Language Teaching to Speakers of Other Languages. This is the most widely recognized certificate program for teaching English. It is a 120-hour course, which includes six hours of supervised teaching experience.
CELTA Intensive Program Dates 2014
- September 8 - October 3
- October 8 - November 4
- November 10 - December 9
Cost of the CELTA
- $2,495 regular price
Early bird special for CELTA courses
We offer a $300 discount for select courses if you apply, are accepted, and pay in full 45 days in advance:
- September 8 - October 3, 2014 course: register and pay in full by July 25, 2014
- October 8 - November 4, 2014 course: register and pay in full by August 29, 2014
- November 10 - December 9, 2014 course: register and pay in full by September 26, 2014
Payment Policy for the CELTA
We require a $300 non-refundable deposit to hold your space in the course upon acceptance, and the remaining amount of the tuition by three weeks before the first class day. You may obtain a full refund (minus the deposit) two weeks before the start of the course, but after that day, there is no refund. In cases of emergencies, we allow you to withdraw from the course and use your tuition for a course at a later date when space is available.
Topics studied in the CELTA
Your day is divided into learning about teaching and language, and practice teaching. Topics include:
1. Learners and teachers, and the teaching and learning context
2. Language analysis and awareness
3. Language skills: reading, listening, speaking, and writing
4. Planning and resources for different teaching contexts
5. Developing teaching skills and professionalism
For more information on the CELTA
More detailed information about the CELTA including a detailed course description and curriculum are available from Cambridge University. More information about our course is provided in our course description.