The CELTA stands for Certificate in English Language Teaching to Speakers of Other Languages. This is the most widely recognized certificate program for teaching English. It is a 120-hour course, which includes six hours of supervised teaching experience.
Information Sessions for the UT CELTA Program
Come learn about UT CELTA! We are hosting information sessions at the University of Texas at Austin main campus to answer all your questions about our program. Our dates and times are listed below. If you are unable to make an info session, we are also happy to meet and discuss the CELTA program at the UT International Office (email email@example.com for scheduling).
- UT Study Abroad Fair - January 25th 10:00am-3:00pm at the Gregory Plaza
CELTA Intensive Program Dates 2017
- C1 January 17 - February 10 (New Year's Special Price of $2,195)
- C2 February 13 - March 10
- C3 April 3-28
- C4 May 22 - June 16
- C5 June 19 - July 14
- C6 July 17 - August 11
Cost of the UT CELTA Courses
- $2,595 ($2,295 if paid in full 45 days before the start of the course)
Payment Policy for the CELTA
We require a $300 non-refundable deposit to hold your space in the course upon acceptance, and the remaining amount of the tuition by three weeks before the first class day. You may obtain a full refund (minus the deposit) two weeks before the start of the course, but after that day, there is no refund. In cases of emergencies, we allow you to withdraw from the course and use your tuition for a course at a later date when space is available.
Topics studied in the CELTA
Your day is divided into learning about teaching and language, and practice teaching. Topics include:
1. Learners and teachers, and the teaching and learning context
2. Language analysis and awareness
3. Language skills: reading, listening, speaking, and writing
4. Planning and resources for different teaching contexts
5. Developing teaching skills and professionalism
For more information on the CELTA
More detailed information about the CELTA including a detailed course description and curriculum are available from Cambridge University. More information about our course is provided in our course description.
You may email us at CELTA@austin.utexas.edu, or call us at 512-471-2480.