The CELTA stands for Certificate in English Language Teaching to Speakers of Other Languages. This is the most widely recognized certificate program for teaching English. It is a 120-hour course, which includes six hours of supervised teaching experience.
Information Sessions for the UT CELTA Program
Come learn about UT CELTA! We are hosting information sessions at the University of Texas at Austin main campus to answer all your questions about our program. Our dates and times are listed below:
- Coming soon!
CELTA Intensive Program Dates 2015
- September 7 - October 2, 2015 (Back to School Special)
- October 5 - October 30, 2015
- November 9 - December 8, 2015
- NEW! November 16 - December 15, 2015 CELTA in Antigua, Guatemala at Casa Herrera! Homestay included and 3 meals per day Monday through Saturday.
CELTA Intensive Program Dates 2016
- February 1 - February 26, 2016
- April 11 - May 6, 2016
- May 23 - June 17, 2016
- June 20 - July 15, 2016
- July 18 - August 12, 2016
- September 12 - October 7, 2016
- October 10 - November 4, 2016
- November 14 - December 13, 2016
Cost of the 2015 CELTA
- $2,595 ($2,295 if paid in full 45 days before the start of the course)
- $2,295 for September 7 - October 2 course
- $2,860 for UT CELTA in Antigua, Guatemala ($2,560 if paid in full 45 days before the start of the course)
Payment Policy for the CELTA
We require a $300 non-refundable deposit to hold your space in the course upon acceptance, and the remaining amount of the tuition by three weeks before the first class day. You may obtain a full refund (minus the deposit) two weeks before the start of the course, but after that day, there is no refund. In cases of emergencies, we allow you to withdraw from the course and use your tuition for a course at a later date when space is available.
Topics studied in the CELTA
Your day is divided into learning about teaching and language, and practice teaching. Topics include:
1. Learners and teachers, and the teaching and learning context
2. Language analysis and awareness
3. Language skills: reading, listening, speaking, and writing
4. Planning and resources for different teaching contexts
5. Developing teaching skills and professionalism
For more information on the CELTA
More detailed information about the CELTA including a detailed course description and curriculum are available from Cambridge University. More information about our course is provided in our course description.
You may email us at CELTA@austin.utexas.edu, or call us at 512-471-2480.