Any student traveling internationally for a university-related purpose, regardless of credit or funding, must obtain authorization prior to departure. For more information about policies governing student international travel, visit the General Information Catalog (Appendix N).
The types of activities and events covered by this policy include:
- trips organized and/or sponsored by The University of Texas at Austin that are part of or contribute to an academic course or degree program including internships, practicum, and research;
- academic-related international service learning, internships, practicum, research, and volunteer opportunities organized and/or sponsored by the University of Texas at Austin;
- travel by members of a registered student organization regardless of whether or not the organization requires its student members to attend the activity or event;
- other trips organized and/or sponsored by The University of Texas at Austin including the activities of sponsored student organizations;
- travel to meetings of academic-related, professional associations including conferences.
All international student travel covered by the Student International Travel Policy includes mandatory enrollment in the UT International Insurance Coverage program--Overseas Insurance.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Students participating in official Study Abroad Programs and Social Work Field Placements opportunities are not required to complete the International Travel Authorization and should instead complete an application to study abroad.
Contact the Travel Advisor at email@example.com.