F-1 Visa

An F-1 visa is a type of non-immigrant visa which allows individuals to study in the United States. A student who wishes to enter the US for studies on an F-1 visa will need to submit appropriate documentation in order to be issued a Form I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility) by UT. An F-1 visa can only be issued by a US consulate or embassy abroad.