Registration and payment
- View your Registration Information Sheet (RIS) to determine your access period and access time.
- Meet with your academic advisor. Some departments require you to do so before you are able to register (See your RIS or Academic Advising) If advising is required, you will not be able to access the registration system until the department to which your major belongs has cleared your advising bar. Contact your department for advising schedules.
- Clear your financial and non-financial bars, if any. (See "Registration bars and testing").
- Register for classes. Fee bills will not be mailed. All students will receive an e-mail notification that their fee bill is available online. Pay your registration fee bill in full or according to the installment plan instructions by using one of the following methods:
- Go online at: https://utexas.edu/business/accounting/sar
- Go to the Cashier’s Office in MAI 8 (open weekdays only).
If you do not pay your fee bill or confirm your zero fee bill, you will not be registered. If your fees are zero or you are eligible to change your fee bill to financial aid, see “Methods of Payment” in the Course Schedule.
Add/Drop and Payment
You must have completed your registration by paying tuition and fees to be eligible to add/drop
- View your Registration Information Sheet to determine your access period and access time.
- Add or drop classes.
- Pay the ‘Add Bill’ if changes in your schedule result in the assessment of additional tuition and/or fees by using one of the following methods:
- Go online at: utexas.edu/business/accounting/sar
- Go to the Cashier’s Office in MAI 8 (open weekdays only) Note: You will not be emailed a bill for your added classes.
Please see the Course Schedule for information regarding refunds for dropped courses. Where applicable, your installment balance will be adjusted: adjusted installment payments are due by the specific deadlines.
If, after reading the detailed information printed in the Course Schedule, you have questions concerning any procedure, call the help line at (512) 475-7656.