Where To Go For Care
University Health Services (UHS) is the on-campus clinic available to all enrolled students at UT. Located in the Student Services Building, 100 Dean Keeton, UHS provide a broad range of confidential medical services including:
- Routine medical care
- Urgent Care
- Women’s Health
- Allergy & Immunizations
For more information, see UHS website.
Normal business hours
Very severe or life-threatening issues.
Walk-In or Call 911*
24 Hours/Seven days a week
*Dialing the numbers “9-1-1” on any phone will call an ambulance to your location. Ambulances are often expensive but can be lifesaving in a serious medical emergency.
Nearby Emergency Rooms:
Using Your Insurance Plan
Always keep your insurance card with you and present it when you seek medical care. You will only be required to pay your part of the medical bill with insurance applied. The remaining balance will be billed directly to insurance by your medical provider. BlueCross/BlueShield of Texas is the provider for both the UT Student Health Insurance Plan and UT Select Medical Plan for staff.
Nurse Advice Lines
Nurse Advice Lines are staffed 24/7 and provide advice about caring for an illness at home or seeing a healthcare provider.
- University Health Services Nurse Advice Line: (512) 475-6877
- BlueCross/BlueShield Nurse Advice Lines: number on the back of your BlueCross/BlueShield insurance ID card
Common Insurance Terms
- A request for payment from an insurance company.
- Portion of one medical bill (expressed in a percentage) that you must pay out of pocket.
- A set dollar amount that you must pay toward your overall medical expenses each year before an insurance company will begin making any payments.
- Network Provider
- Physicians, hospitals, and providers who have a contract with your insurance company to provide care at a reduced rate.
- Portion one medical bill (expressed in a set dollar amount) that you must pay out of pocket.
- Generic Prescription
- Prescription medicines which are cheaper than the “brand-name” version of the same medicine.