ESL students may use the computer labs at University Towers (located at 811 W. 24th St). The facilities are available from Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. when other classes are not being held in these rooms. Students may also use computer labs on the UT campus.
Student Registration (for use during ESL Student Registration)
Step 1 Claim your UT EID
Step 2 Log in to Gmail
Step 3 Log in to Canvas
For returning students: Log in to UT Direct
- Common programs can be found in the Dock.
- Save your work to a cloud service, flash drive or email it to yourself BEFORE you log out. Any files you leave on the computers will be deleted.
- Quit all programs before logging out. To quit a program, click on the program name in the top left corner of the screen and select "Quit". You can tell if a program is open by the small black dot under the application icon in the dock.
- Log out by clicking the black apple in the upper left hand corner of the screen and selecting "Log Out".
Frequently Asked Questions
The computer labs at University Towers are available from Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. when classes are not being held in these rooms. Students may also use computer labs on the UT campus.
The programs are on the dock at the bottom of the screen or can be found by typing in the name of the program using the Spotlight (the small magnifying glass in the upper right hand corner of the screen). Click on an icon in the dock to open the program.
- Lab Behavior
- Please do not bring in food or drinks.
- Printing is not available in the labs.
- Save your work often:
- With your EID, you can save your work using UT Box storage available to all students at http://www.utexas.edu/its/cloudstorage/
- E-mail your work to yourself.
- Use USB storage devices. Put your name on your device.
- Finish work and quit programs a few minutes before the lab closes.
- Be sure that you log off the computer to keep your personal information secure.
- To get help, ask a classmate, teacher or e-mail the Educational Technology Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For Mac or program help look on the Help Menu at the top of the window.
If you can listen to your textbooks through UT, your instructors will provide you with a link and login information.