To offer the highest quality ESL instruction that supports current and potential university students, visiting scholars, and international student and scholar dependents at The University of Texas at Austin (UT); to provide EFL teacher training programs to the UT community and beyond; and to extend the reach and impact of The University of Texas at Austin to the world through our programs.
To transform lives through exemplary English as a Second Language (ESL) instruction and English as a Foreign Language (EFL) teacher training.
We strive to fulfill our mission by:
- Administering English language assessments (speaking and writing) and for-credit courses for current UT students
- Administering English language assessments and customized courses for UT departments
- Offering non-UT students a variety of program options that meet individual needs
- Hiring exceptionally qualified ESL educators and providing them the technology, resources, and professional development opportunities necessary to offer our programs
- Providing pre-arrival, new-student, and current-student orientation materials, immigration advising, and workshops to help students navigate our program, prepare for university culture, and adjust to life in the U.S.
- Organizing a variety of social activities to help participants improve their language skills, create an ESL community, connect to campus community and resources, and learn about US culture
- Training current and potential EFL instructors through the CELTA certification program, teacher training institutes, and TESOL internships