Information on this page is only applicable to the International Office’s Maymester and Summer Faculty-Led programs.
Accessing the Application
Application opens in September
Deadline to apply for Maymester: November 1
Deadline to apply for Summer Faculty-led: December 1
Be prepared to:
- Pay the $75 non-refundable application fee (charged to What I Owe after clicking “submit application” on the first page of application.)
- Enter the program code for first and second choice programs. If you do not have a second choice program, enter the first choice again.
- Sign the financial responsibility statement
- Sign the responsibilities of participation and code of conduct
- Submit two short essays (see tips below)
- Have a UT faculty member submit a reference questionnaire
Many programs admit students based heavily on the essay statements. Take time to put some thought and grammar check into your essays
These applications require an online questionnaire in place of a traditional reference letter. Inside the MySAO application you will find a link to a reference questionnaire. The applicant will e-mail this link to a professor who has taught the student at the university level. The reference questionnaire consists of 6 questions and a comments box. It should take the faculty less than 10 minutes. Students should give the instructor at least a week to complete the reference prior to the application deadline.
Graduating seniors should pay careful attention when selecting a summer program abroad so that their graduation is not affected. Programs offering a full six hours of UT tuition are scheduled to post on the UT transcript in time for the degree to be conferred in August. Courses taught by local faculty, called Affiliated Studies (AS), cannot be processed in time for August graduation. Affiliated Studies (AS) courses may take up to one long academic semester after the program ends for credit to post on the UT record.
Maymester and summer acceptance notifications are generally sent out the third week of December prior to holiday break. Scholarship notifications are sent around the same time period.