The application process and deadlines vary based on program type and the unit on campus sponsoring the program. General information is provided below. Students should double check requirements with their Study Abroad Program Coordinator or faculty leader.
In general, all programs will have two parts to the application:
- Online Application/Information via MySAO portal
- Program Application (UT department, foreign partner, or domestic affiliate)
UT Online Application
UT applications vary by program but may include:
- Reference Questionnaire – online
- Reference - paper
- Foreign Language Evaluation
- Course Selection Form
- Code of Conduct and Responsibilities of Participation Form, including the Misconduct Resolution Policy
- $75 Non-Refundable/Non-Reversible Study Abroad Online Application Fee
Complete and submit your UT online application by the deadline:
- October 1 - all spring semester programs
- November 1 - all Maymester Abroad programs
- November 15 – BBA short-term programs
- December 1 - all summer faculty-led programs organized by the International Office
- January 15 -- The International Internship Program organized by the International Office
- February 15 - most summer programs
- March 1 - fall or academic year programs
- April 1 – some faculty-led summer programs administered by departments
Application Advising & Support
Students who wish to participate in exchange and affiliated programs must meet with their program coordinator to open an application and learn about the process.
Students who wish to participate in faculty-led programs are encouraged to meet with their program coordinator but may self-authorize themselves to begin the application process.
McCombs School of Business offers BBA students Exchange Programs, Short-Term Programs, MPA Short-Term Program and the Global Business Leadership Institute.
Students who wish participate in the full-time summer International Internship Program encouraged to attend an Explore session before opening an application.
Law students can study abroad for a semester and receive credit toward their J.D. or toward a joint degree.
Engineering students can study abroad on semester exchange or short-term programs through the Cockrell School of Engineering.