Students studying abroad on official exchange programs, affiliated studies programs, and faculty-led programs are required to see a physician before departure to obtain a health clearance. At this time, the International Office does not accept health clearances completed by Doctors of Chiropractic. Information from the health clearance process is confidential and is not used during the application process. Failure to submit a Health Clearance Form by the deadline will result in the student being withdrawn from their program without a refund.
Students should download the Health Clearance Form below and take it to their physical exam appointment. Students who see a specialist for an ongoing condition should also have the Specialist Report Form completed.
Completed health clearance forms should be sent by the examining physician directly to the International Office. Forms that are not completed at University Health Services may be sent to the IO the following ways:
- Fax: 512-232-4363
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: Study Abroad, University of Texas at Austin, P.O. Box A, Austin, TX 78713-890
Note to Students:
- Students should bring their immunization records to their appointments. Physical copies are preferred, but electronic versions (scans, screenshots, etc.) are also acceptable.
- Health Clearances must be obtained no more than six months prior to departure.
- After your Health Clearance form is received and processed, the Health Clearance module in the MySAO Portal will read "Completed."
- Please allow 3-5 business days - after your form is submitted - for your health clearance to post.
Physicians and Clinics
Students may visit their family medical provider, University Health Services, or a local clinic to complete their Health Clearance Form. Several Austin-area clinics have agreed to complete Study Abroad's health clearance form. We have listed a few below. This list is not exhaustive, and is only meant as a starting point. Students should note that not all of the clinics below accept insurance for physical examinations.
- Location: 2901 N. I35, Suite 1.301, Austin, TX 78722
- Phone: (512) 232-3900
- Multiple locations available.
- 2555 Western Trails,
Austin, TX 78745
Disclaimer: This list is provided solely as a service to our users. It does not constitute an endorsement of these organizations or their programs.
Travel Health Clinic
Take advantage of the UHS Travel Health Clinic. They can provide you with helpful information about vaccinations, entry requirements for visas, and general health precautions to take tailored to your specific travel destination and itinerary. Please note that a $35 fee is charged for visits to the UHS Travel Health Clinic. This fee cannot be charged to insurance.