The International Office will be hosting Tax Lab every Wednesday from 10 AM to 12 PM through April 13th, 2016 in MEZ 4.136.
Tax Lab will be an opportunity for international students and scholars to complete their tax returns using GLACIER Tax Prep with a volunteer available for any questions that may come up during the tax filing process. Tax Lab operates on a walk-in basis and you will not need to make an appointment to attend. Be sure to bring all of your income documents for 2015, which may include Form W-2 or Form 1042-S, to file your US tax return.
Volunteer tax assistance is offered by International Office staff members who have been trained to serve as IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) volunteers during the tax season. Our services are focused on reviewing the tax forms that you have already completed or answering questions that prevent you from completing your tax return.
- Appointments must be made in order to meet with a volunteer. No walk-ins will be seen.
- Appointments for the 2015 tax season are available February 24, 2016 through April 13, 2016 on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 4:45-6 p.m.
To schedule a tax appointment, the following must apply:
- You have already completed your tax return through GLACIER Tax Prep (GTP) or have a question that is preventing you from completing your tax return.
- You have printed & completed the tax forms to the best of your ability.
What to Bring:
- Your printed tax return forms that you have already completed via GTP, and
- Any income forms (Form 1042-S, Form W-2, etc.) and all other tax forms you may have received.
The filing deadline to submit 2015 tax returns is Monday, April 18, 2016, rather than the traditional April 15 date. Washington, D.C., will celebrate Emancipation Day on that Friday, which pushes the deadline to the following Monday.
When you are ready schedule a tax appointment.
Amended/Prior Year Tax Appointments:
Amended tax appointments are available if you need assistance filing a past year's tax return or correcting a prior year's tax return that has already been processed by the IRS. Appointments will be available from February 24, 2016 to April 13, 2016 on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 4-4:40 p.m.
You must bring the all the prior year's tax documents such as the Form 1040, Form W-2, Form 1042-S, etc. as well as any communication you received from the IRS with you to the appointment.
When you are ready schedule an amended/prior year tax appointment.