Personal tax assistance is offered by International Office staff members who have been trained and serve as IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) volunteers during the tax season. Our services are focused on reviewing the tax forms that you have already completed.
- Appointments must be made in order to meet with a volunteer.
- Appointments for the 2013 tax season are available March 3, 2014 through April 14, 2014 on Mondays and Thursdays from 4:45 - 6 pm.
To schedule a VITA appointment, the following must apply:
- You have already completed your tax return through Glacier Tax Prep (GTP).
- You have completed the tax return to the best of your ability.
- You can schedule your volunteer tax advising appointment here.
For the tax assistance appointment, you will need to bring:
- Your printed tax return forms that you have already completed via GTP.
- Any W-2, 1042-S, and all other tax forms you may have received.
The deadline to file 2013 returns is April 15, 2014. GTP will be accessible through June 16, 2014.
Prior year and amended tax return help:
If you need to schedule an appointment to have assistance filing a past year's tax return or an amended form of your 2013 return, amending tax appointments are available from March 3 – April 14 on Mondays and Thursdays from 4 - 4:40 pm. Please note that ISSS can only help you file prior year returns as far back as 2010 and you must bring any tax documents such as the W-2, 1042-S, etc. that you may have received for that year and any communication you received from the IRS with you to the appointment. You can schedule a prior year return or amended tax return appointment here.