Volunteer tax assistance is offered by International Office staff members who have been trained to serve as IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) volunteers during the tax season. Our services are focused on reviewing the tax forms that you have already completed.
- Appointments must be made in order to meet with a volunteer.
- Appointments for the 2014 tax season are available February 25, 2015 through April 9, 2015 on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 4:45 - 6:00 PM.
To schedule a tax appointment, the following must apply:
- You have already completed your tax return through Glacier Tax Prep (GTP), and
- You have completed your tax return to the best of your ability.
You will need to bring:
- Your printed tax return forms that you have already completed via GTP, and
- Any Form W-2, Form 1042-S, and all other tax forms you may have received.
The deadline to file 2014 returns is April 15, 2015. GTP will be accessible through June 12, 2015. When you are ready schedule an appointment with an advisor.
Prior year and amended tax return help:
Amended tax appointments are available if you need assistance filing a past year's tax return or correcting a prior year's tax return. Appointments will be available from February 25 to April 9 on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 4:00 - 4:40 PM.
Please note that ISSS can only help you file prior year returns as far back as 2012. You must bring the prior year's tax documents such as the Form W-2, Form 1042-S, etc. as well as any communication you received from the IRS with you to the appointment. When you are ready schedule an appointment with an advisor.