ISSS has purchased a license agreement for GLACIER Tax Prep to assist you in preparing your nonresident U.S. tax return. GLACIER Tax Prep will prepare the following forms: Form 1040NR-EZ, Form 1040NR, and Form 8843.
Before logging into GLACIER Tax Prep, make sure you have the following items:
- Form W-2
- Form 1042-S (The Form 1042-S is mailed to the address you have on file with UT by late-February.)
- Copy of last year's nonresident tax return, if you filed a return
- A tax filing number (either ITIN or SSN) for both yourself and any dependents you wish to claim on your tax return.
- Note: only students from Mexico, India, Canada, and South Korea are able to claim their dependents on their tax returns under very specific circumstances.
Click on the statement below that best applies to you:
I currently have a GLACIER account.
You have a GLACIER account if you:
- are employed by UT Austin and/or
- you have received a scholarship from UT Austin and have a SSN or ITIN