If you are a non-resident for tax purposes, you are not eligible to file your tax return electronically.
Commercially purchased tax return software will file your return incorrectly.
Non-residents for tax purposes should only use the Glacier Tax Prep software.
International Student & Scholar Services provides assistance for filing non-resident U.S. tax returns. This web site will help you:
- Understand the filing instructions
- Prepare and print your own federal tax returns through an online tax program
- Answer general questions regarding non-resident taxes
Please select the area of assistance you need:
- File a non-resident U.S. tax return
- Schedule an appointment to have a volunteer review your tax return
- Read more information about how to file your taxes
- Download additional tax forms
If you have a tax question, look for the answer in askUS!
NOTE: Filing federal income tax forms is the personal responsibility of each international student and scholar. Staff members of the International Office have been trained as tax assistance volunteers through the IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program. ISSS has designed this website as a service to help you meet your tax filing obligations. Please be aware that you are ultimately responsible for the accuracy of your income tax returns.