the univeristy of texas at austin

Follow Us  Follow the International Office on Facebook  Follow the International Office on twitter  Follow the International Office on Instagram  | Site Search:

ut isssio

Non-Resident Taxes

Tax Assistance

If you are a non-resident for tax purposes, you are not eligible to file your tax return electronically. 
Commercially purchased tax return software will file your return incorrectly.
Non-residents for tax purposes should only use the Glacier Tax Prep software.

International Student & Scholar Services provides assistance for filing non-resident U.S. tax returns.
 This web site will help you:

  • Understand the filing instructions
  • Prepare and print your own federal tax returns through an online tax program
  • Answer general questions regarding non-resident taxes

Please select the area of assistance you need:

Tax questions?

If you have a tax question, look for the answer in askUS!

NOTE: Filing federal income tax forms is the personal responsibility of each international student and scholar. Staff members of the International Office have been trained as tax assistance volunteers through the IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program. ISSS has designed this website as a service to help you meet your tax filing obligations. Please be aware that you are ultimately responsible for the accuracy of your income tax returns.