ISSS provides financial aid up to $2,500 per semester for the fall and spring semesters and $1,500 in the summer semester towards tuition bills of students who demonstrate financial need. This is a competitive process as the number of awards allotted per semester is limited. Only international students who have completed at least 2 semesters at UT Austin by the time the award is disbursed are eligible to apply for this award. A full list of eligibility criteria is available within the application itself.
Please note that the financial aid awarded by ISSS does not provide a waiver of the nonresident portion of a student’s tuition & fee bill.
|Application Release Date||Award Period||Due Date|
|February 1, 2017||2017-2018 School Year||April 7, 2017|
Please have the following items prepared before beginning your application:
- Personal Statement
- The personal statement helps in evaluating your financial need for receiving the award. Provide a typed statement (maximum 2 pages) that addresses your financial need. Indicate recent changes in your financial situation (e.g. medical bills, loss of sponsorship), if applicable.
- Scanned bank statements in a .zip or .pdf format
- You must provide copies of your monthly bank statements for the most recent three months, including a statement of deposits and balances. Bank statements should be in English.
- Scanned Special documentation (if applicable) in a .zip or .pdf format
- Submit evidence that substantiates your financial need. Examples would include letter of termination of a scholarship/loss of sponsorship, medical bills, or written documentation of government restrictions on funds/resources permitted out of your country, etc.
- Estimated income and expenses for the semester in which you are applying for aid. Please have estimated amounts for the follow items prepared:
|Estimated Income||Estimated Expense|
|Personal Funds||Tuition and Fees|
|Income from Employment||Books and Supplies|
|Money from Family||Food|
|Money from Sponsor||Transportation|
|Government or Commercial Loans||Personal Expenses|
|Other Income (please specify)||Other Expenses (please specify)|