The Tuition Assistance for Mexican Students (TAMS) award provides a waiver of the nonresident portion of a student's tuition bill. The TAMS award is not a cash award. To be eligible for the TAMS award, you must be a citizen and resident of Mexico who demonstrates financial need. Receiving the TAMS award is not guaranteed as the application is competitive due to the limited number of awards.
New & Continuing students who do not currently have a TAMS award:
New or continuing students who qualify and do not currently have a TAMS award need to submit an initial TAMS application.
Continuing students who currently have a TAMS award:
Current recipients of the TAMS award must submit a TAMS Renewal Application in order to continue receiving their TAMS award for future years. Renewal of the TAMS award is not guaranteed and is dependent on both the amount of awards available and continued demonstration of financial need.
If you do not submit a TAMS Renewal Application by the deadline, then you may submit your application by the initial TAMS Award deadline instead. However, late submission of the TAMS Renewal Application reduces your likelihood of renewing your TAMS award.
The application has been transferred to an online format. The online TAMS application will be made available here according to the dates below.
|Application Release Date||Semester||Deadline|
|September 30, 2016||Spring 2017||November 1, 2016|
|February 1, 2017||2017-2018 Academic Year||
April 7, 2017
Please have the following items prepared before beginning your application:
- Personal Statement
- The personal statement helps in evaluating your financial need for receiving the award. Provide a typed statement (maximum 2 pages) that addresses your financial need. Indicate recent changes in your financial situation (e.g. medical bills, loss of sponsorship), if applicable.
- Scanned bank statements in a .zip or .pdf format
- You must provide copies of your monthly bank statements for the most recent three months, including a statement of deposits and balances. Bank statements must be in English.
- Scanned Special documentation (if applicable) in a .zip or .pdf format
- Submit evidence that substantiates your financial need. Examples would include letter of termination of a scholarship/loss of sponsorship, medical bills, or written documentation of government restrictions on funds/resources permitted out of your country, etc.
- Estimated income and expenses for the semester in which you are applying for aid. Please have estimated amounts for the follow items prepared:
|Estimated Income||Estimated Expense|
|Personal Funds||Tuition and Fees|
|Income from Employment||Books and Supplies|
|Money from Family||Food|
|Money from Sponsor||Transportation|
|Government or Commercial Loans||Personal Expenses|
|Other Income (please specify)||Other Expenses (please specify)|
The application for the Spring 2017 Tuition Assistance for Mexican Students (TAMS) is available now.