There are two types of institutional loans that international students may access through the International Office in order to temporarily finance their studies:
- Tuition Loan ($4,000 maximum)
- Emergency Cash Loan ($500 maximum)
Eligibility Requirements for Tuition and Emergency Cash Loans:
- Must be enrolled full-time (Undergraduate – 12 hrs; Graduate – 9 hrs)*
- Must have a minimum 2.0 GPA if Undergraduate; 3.0 GPA if Graduate
- Must not have any outstanding financial bars
*Note: Accommodations will be made for students enrolled in Dissertation/Thesis/Report, which fall below full-time enrollment.
- 4% interest will be charged annually per loan
- Tuition Loans must be paid back to The University within three months of taking out the loan (two months if done during summer semester)
- Emergency Cash Loans must be paid back to the University within one month of taking out the loan
- Emergency Cash Loans can not be given if less than 30 days are remaining in the current semester
- Repayment of a Tuition or Emergency Cash Loan is made to the Cashier’s Office, Room 4, Main Building
- Failure to pay back a Tuition Loan or Emergency Cash Loan by the specified due date will result in a Financial Bar placed on the student’s record, which will prohibit grades/transcript/diploma issuance and registration for classes. In addition, the loan will be turned over to a collection agency
- Extensions for loan repayment can not be requested
How to Apply for a Tuition Loan
Access the Tuition Loan web site via “What I Owe” (link can be found at the student’s tuition and fee bill), select “Tuition Loan” and electronically sign the Promissory Loan Note. Further instructions will follow. Please note: Student must have a High Assurance EID in order to process an on-line Tuition Loan.
Visit the International Office during office hours to request a loan to be processed.
How to Apply for an Emergency Cash Loan
Call the International Office at (512) 232-4314 to request a cash loan to be processed.
Visit the International Office during office hours to request a cash loan to be processed.
For additional information regarding Tuition and Emergency Cash Loans, including contact information, please see the Student Accounts Receivable website.