Apply for the Academic English Program (AEP) or English Language Program (ELP).
In order to maintain language diversity in our program, we only allow a certain number of speakers of any one language. Our goal is that no language group exceeds 1/3 of our student population.
We are now accepting applications for Summer 2014 and Fall 2014.
Note for Arabic speakers:
We are full for Summer 2014 and Fall 2014 for Arabic speakers. We will begin accepting applications for Spring 2015 study in July 2014.
- Call/email first to make sure space is available. While there is no application deadline, we do have quotas based on native languages. This is to ensure that our classes have a variety of native languages and cultures.
- Send a completed application form.
- If you are applying to AEP, send proof of a completed undergraduate degree.
- If you are requesting an I-20, send a copy of the photo page of your passport.
- If you are a new AEP/ELP intensive student who needs an I-20, send a financial guarantee statement (usually, a personal/family bank statement) and $350 USD for SEVIS fee payment, express mail and document processing, and tuition deposit (non-refundable).
If you are a PART-TIME or TRANSFER student, send a $100 USD tuition deposit (non-refundable).
Photocopies, faxes, or email attachments are acceptable; we do not require original or official documents. If you are applying for an F-1 or J-1 visa, please keep your original financial guarantee statement for your visa interview.
Send airmail or regular domestic mail to:
PO Box A
The University of Texas at Austin
Austin, TX 78713-8901
Send EXPRESS mail to (or visit us in person at):
2400 Nueces St, Suite B
Austin, Texas 78705
Email the PDF application (with any email attachments) to
Or fax materials to us at