In order to maintain language diversity in our program, we only allow a certain number of speakers of any one language. Our goal is that no language group exceeds 1/3 of our student population.
New students: We are currently accepting applications for Summer and Fall 2013.
Arabic Speakers: At this time, due to the number of Arabic speakers currently enrolled in our programs, we are unable to accept any new applications from Arabic speakers for Summer or Fall 2013. Please check back at a later time.
- Call/email first to make sure space is available. While there is no application deadline, we do have quotas based on native languages. This is to ensure that our classes have a variety of native languages and cultures.
- Send a completed application form.
- If you are applying to AEP, send proof of a completed undergraduate degree.
- If you are requesting an I-20, send a copy of the photo page of your passport.
- If you are a new AEP/ELP intensive student who needs an I-20, send a financial guarantee statement (usually, a personal/family bank statement) and $350 USD for SEVIS fee payment, express mail and document processing, and tuition deposit (non-refundable).
If you are a PART-TIME or TRANSFER student, send a $100 USD tuition deposit (non-refundable).
Photocopies, faxes, or email attachments are acceptable; we do not require original or official documents. If you are applying for an F-1 or J-1 visa, please keep your original financial guarantee statement for your visa interview.
Send airmail or regular domestic mail to:
PO Box A
The University of Texas at Austin
Austin, TX 78713-8901
Send EXPRESS mail to (or visit us in person at):
2222 Rio Grande, Suite 2.201C
Austin, Texas 78705
Email the PDF application (with any email attachments) to
Or fax materials to us at