Session 2: March 30 - April 24, 2015
- Registration & Placement Testing for Session 2:
- Family Name A-L: Tuesday, March 24, 3:45-5:00
- Family Name M-Z: Wednesday, March 25, 3:45-5:00
- Location: UT ESL Services Classrooms, located in the University Towers building (801 West 24th St, Austin, TX 78705). Please call 512-471-2480 if you need assistance with directions.
- All students will need to bring a government issued photo ID (passport, driver's license, etc.) to registration.
Join our mailing list for announcements about registration, classes, and schedules.
Classes will be from 3:45-5:45, Monday through Friday, for the duration of each four-week program. Students will be tested and placed into a lower or an upper level class based on their English level. These classes are for beginner and intermediate level students, and there can be a maximum of 50 ESL students in the program per session. These classes are not intended for true beginners or UT undergraduate and graduate students. A certificate of completion will be awarded at the end of each session to students with good attendance.
The UT CELTA ESL classes are taught by teachers-in-training during their CELTA certification course, and accredited CELTA trainers oversee all the classes. The CELTA stands for Certificate in English Language Teaching to Speakers of Other Languages, and it is the most widely recognized certificate program for teaching English in the world.