Fall 2015 Free Classes
Registration & Placement Testing for Fall:
- Family Name A-L: Tuesday, September 1, 3:30pm
- Family Name M-Z: Wednesday, September 2, 3:30pm
- Location: UT ESL Services Classrooms, located in the University Towers building (801 West 24th St, Austin, TX 78705). Please call 512-471-2480 or 512-471-2484 if you need assistance with directions.
- Registration and testing will take approximately 1 1/2 hours.
- All students will need to bring a government issued photo ID (passport, driver's license, etc.) to registration.
- If you are interested in taking classes during Fall 2015, please join our mailing list for announcements about registration, classes, and schedules.
When do classes meet? 4:00-6:00pm, Monday through Friday on the UT campus
How many levels are there? Students will be tested and placed into a lower or an upper level class. These classes are for beginner and intermediate level students, These classes are not intended for true beginners or UT undergraduate and graduate students. A certificate of completion will be awarded at the end of each session to students with good attendance.
How many students are there? There can be a maximum of 50 ESL students in the program per session.
Who are the teachers? The UT CELTA ESL classes are taught by teachers-in-training during their CELTA certification course, and accredited CELTA trainers oversee all the classes. The CELTA stands for Certificate in English Language Teaching to Speakers of Other Languages, and it is the most widely recognized certificate program for teaching English in the world.