This year's symposium will focus on creating access in Latin America, through panels and discussion featuring a mix of faculty and staff from UT Austin and visiting experts. The symposium will provide a forum for faculty, academic advisors, and international educators to foster dialog and mutual understanding. Presentations by industry leaders and academic partners on relevant topics will create a unique opportunity for participants to learn and discuss best practices around equity and access. Participants can expect to learn about the role they can play in increasing access to international education and can exchange ideas and expertise with participants from other organizations and universities as well.
Symposium Schedule - Friday, September 25, 2015
- 8:30 - 9:00 Registration
- 9:00 - 9:30 Welcome
- 9:30 - 10:45 Opening Session
- 10:45 - 11:00 Coffee Break
- 11:00 - 12:15 Student Panel: Study abroad and international students share their experiences
- 12:15 - 1:30 Keynote Lunch
- 1:45 - 3:00 Session 1 (select from 3 topics)
- 3:00 - 3:15 Coffee Break
- 3:15 - 4:30 Session 2 (select from 3 topics)
- 5::00 - 7:00 Networking Reception & Fundraiser (benefiting Fund for Education Abroad)
Registration fee for UT Austin faculty and staff is $30 per person. Contact the symposium coordinator if you need to pay via inter-departmental transfer (IDT).
Registration fee for guests is $75.
Resources for Out-of-town Guests
Symposium CoordinatorMargaret Storm McCullers firstname.lastname@example.org 512.471.6490