We know you have amazing photographs and videos from your time abroad. Share them with us and win! The 2016 Photo Contest is open to all students who studied abroad during Fall 2015, Spring 2016, and Summer 2016.
How it works
- Choose a category from those listed below and submit no more than one photo per category by midnight on October 2, 2016.
- The International Office team will choose five finalists for each category.
- The five finalists from each category will be displayed on our Facebook page on October 10, 2016. Voting will take place on Facebook in the form of "likes" from October 10-29, so spread the word and tell your friends!
- The winners receive notoriety, fame and cool prizes.
How To Submit
- Rename the photo with your name and the location of where it was shot.
- Click on the category links to upload your photo. An email window will pop up. Attach your photo to the email and send.
- All submissions must be received by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, October 2, 2016.
You can only submit one of your best photos per category.
- Longhorn Pride - You and/or other students (either local or UT students) participating in an exciting activity abroad, eating an exotic food, doing the “Hook ’em” or with your “flag Bevo” t-shirt in front of an historic building or landmark, or something fun. Click on the category link or copy Longhor.firstname.lastname@example.org, paste it in your email and send your file attachment.
- People of the World - Anything that captures a normal day in a foreign country -- vendors at the market, locals walking the streets or people enjoying a festival, etc. Click on the category link or copy People_.email@example.com, paste it in your email and send your file attachment.
- Your Major Abroad - Give us an insight of your academic experience abroad! After all, studying is the core of studying abroad, so share with us through pictures how your classes were, how you worked in your projects, and perhaps how the settings of the university were different. Click on the category link or copy Major_A.
firstname.lastname@example.org, paste it in your email and send your file attachment.
- Once in a Lifetime Moment - Everyone has that moment abroad when they stop and realize that the study abroad experience truly is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Were you able to capture that moment? Share it with us! Click on the category link or copy Once_in.
email@example.com, paste it in your email and send your file attachment.
- The Artistic Eye - An opportunity to showcase your creative vision, ranging from small details to large landscapes, that captures a thought, feeling, idea, mood, moment of your study abroad experience. Click on the category link or copy Artisti.5uikad0bmiajw95j@
u.box.com, paste it in your email and send your file attachment.
- Video Short - Create a short video, mini-documentary, or media collage that highlights your study abroad experience in less than 5 minutes. Click on the category link or email your video link to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Photo Contest:Video Short".
- Photos and/or videos must be your original work.
- Photos must be high quality resolution, at least 2 MB and up.
- Photos and/or videos must be taken while abroad on a UT study abroad program anytime from August 2015 to August 2016.
- Photos and/or videos must be free of alcohol, cigarettes, drugs or any inappropriate content.
- By submitting photos to the contest, participants are agreeing to grant the International Office license for use of the photographs in displays related to the contest and in the International Office’s printed and electronic publications. Photos may be modified, retouched, and used for promotional purposes, such as on the International Office website, Facebook, Flickr, and in brochures, fliers, or posters. By agreeing to these terms, entrants are releasing all submitted photos from any liability that may arise from the use of the images.
Contact Anjali Alexander at email@example.com.