Attention UT Study Abroad Returnees! Did you study abroad, have the time of your life, and have a lot of great pictures you would love to share with the UT Campus? Here is the perfect chance to display your photos to your fellow UT students! Study Abroad is conducting a photo contest for all students who have studied abroad Fall 2014, Spring 2015, and Summer 2015. Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to show off your beautiful photographs from your engaging experience abroad!
You are encouraged to submit only one of your best photos per category.
- Longhorn Pride - You and/or other students (either local or UT students) participating in an exciting activity abroad, eating an exotic food, doing the “Hook ’em” or with your “flag Bevo” t-shirt in front of an historic building or landmark, and more.
- People of the World - Anything that captures local activity in a foreign country -- vendors at the market, locals walking the streets or participants in a festival, etc.
- Your Major Abroad - Give us an insight of your academic experience abroad; after all, studying is the root of studying abroad! What were your classes like? Did you collaborate on any research projects? What did you learn that opened your mind?
- Once in a Lifetime Moment - Everyone has that moment abroad when they stop and realize that the study abroad experience truly is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Were you able to capture that moment? Show us!
- The Artistic Eye - A chance to showcase your creative vision, ranging from small details to large landscapes, that captures a thought, feeling, idea, mood, moment of your study abroad experience.
- Video Short - Show us a distillation or highlight of your study abroad experience in a short video, mini-documentary, or media collage of less than 5 minutes.
How To Submit
- Use this entry submission form to upload your images and/or video.
- All submissions must be received by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, October 4, 2015.
- Five finalists from each photo category and from the video category will be displayed on our Facebook Page on October 12, 2015. Voting will take place online from October 12-29, so spread the word and tell your friends!
- Prizes will be awarded to the winner of each category, which will be determined by the amount of "likes."
- Photos must be your original work.
- Photos must be high quality resolution, at least 2 MB and up.
- Photos must be taken while abroad on a UT study abroad program anytime from August 2014 to August 2015.
- Photos must be free of alcohol, cigarettes, drugs, or any inappropriate material.
By submitting photos to the contest, entrants are agreeing to grant the UT International Office and Study Abroad license for use of the photographs in displays related to the contest and in the UT Study Abroad’s printed and electronic publications. Photos may be modified, retouched, and used for promotional purposes, such as on the Study Abroad Office website, Facebook, Flickr, and in brochures, fliers, or posters. By agreeing to these terms, entrants are releasing all submitted photos from any liability that may arise from the use of the images.
If you have any questions regarding the photo contest, please contact Shirin Mansoori at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please put 'Photo Contest' in the subject line.)