Attention world travelers. Did you study abroad, have the time of your life, and have many great pictures you would love to share with The University of Austin at Texas campus? Here is the perfect chance to display your photos to your fellow students! The Study Abroad is conducting a photo contest for all students who have studied abroad Fall 2012, Spring 2013 and/or Summer 2013. Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to show off your beautiful photographs from your engaging experience abroad!
You are encouraged to submit up to one of your best photos per category.
You and/or other students (either local or UT students) participating in an exciting activity abroad, eating an exotic food, doing the “Hook ’em” or with your “flag Bevo” t-shirt in front of an historic building, and more
People of the World
Anything that captures local activity in a foreign country-- vendors at the market, locals walking the streets or participants in a festival, etc.
Your Major Abroad
Give us an insight of your academic experience abroad; after all, studying is the root of studying abroad! What were your classes like? Did you collaborate on any research projects?
Once in a Lifetime Moment
Everyone has that moment abroad when they stop and realize that the study abroad experience truly is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Were you able to capture that moment? Show us!
The Artistic Eye
A chance to showcase your creative vision, ranging from small details to large landscapes; anything that may not fit into the other categories
How To Submit
- All submissions must be received by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, November 1.
- Click here to make a submission.
- You can also find this link through the October newsletter and the Study Abroad Facebook page.
- Students must also submit a signed talent release form form allowing us to use your photos if selected as a finalist.
- Ten finalists from each category will be displayed on our Facebook page. Voting will take place online so spread the word and tell your friends. Prizes will be awarded to the top photograph in each category.
- Photos must be your original work.
- Photos must be high quality resolution, 6 MP and up.
- Photos must be taken while abroad on a UT study abroad program anytime from August 2012 to August 2013.
- Photos must be free of alcohol, cigarettes, or any inappropriate material.
By submitting photos to the contest, entrants are agreeing to grant the UT Study Abroad license for use of the photographs in displays related to the contest and in the UT Study Abroad’s printed and electronic publications. Photos may be modified, retouched, and used for promotional purposes, such as on the Study Abroad Office website, Facebook, Flickr, and in brochures, fliers, or posters. By agreeing to these terms, entrants are releasing all submitted photos from any liability that may arise from the use of the images.
If you have any questions regarding the photo contest, please email Ashley Dowell.
Thank you and good luck.