You are a unique student. Your background, dreams and goals are yours alone. With hundreds of programs to choose from, finding the right program will take some planning. Here’s how to get started:
Step 1. Investigate programs
UT-Austin offers hundreds of programs abroad. Here are some resources to help you choose the program that best meets your goals.
- Attend an information session or a program-specific information session. See: Study Abroad Events Calendar
- Search UT Programs
- Meet students who have studied abroad
- Visit Study Abroad in the International Office to talk to a peer advisor
- Determine your goals for studying abroad (worksheet)
- Consider how to fund your program and apply for scholarships
- Consult your academic advisor to determine: (questions to ask)
- Read evaluations from students who have studied abroad
- Discuss study abroad with your family. (frequently asked questions answered in English and Spanish)
Step 2. Meet with a study abroad program coordinator
After setting goals and researching your options, you’ll have a better idea of what program and/or location is best for you. Now is a great time to make an appointment with a study abroad program coordinator. The best coordinator for you may be in Study Abroad, or in your college or department.
Form most Maymester Abroad and summer faculty-led programs, students can skip step two. See the Maymester Abroad application instructions or summer faculty-led application instructions for how to access the faculty-led application.
Step 3. Apply
- February 15 - all summer programs
- March 1 - fall or academic year programs
- October 1 - all spring semester programs
- November 1 - all Maymester Abroad programs
- December 1 -deadline for all summer faculty-led programs organized by Study Abroad
Programs administered by other offices may have different deadlines.