Complete the UT Online Application
Once you have decided on a program, your program coordinator will authorize you to access the UT online study abroad application* for your program via MySAO.
UT applications vary by program but may include:
- One or two essays
- Online reference questionnaire
- Foreign language evaluation
- Code of Conduct and Responsibilities of Participation Form, inlcuding the Misconduct Resolution Policy
- $50 non-refundable application fee
* Some specialized programs in colleges and schools (ex: Architecture & Social Work Spring Internship Placements) do not use the MySAO online application. Please speak with your school's coordinator for alternative instructions.
Complete and submit your UT online application by the deadline:
- February 15 - all summer programs
- March 1 - fall or academic year programs
- October 1 - all spring semester programs
- November 1 - all Maymester Abroad programs
- December 1 - all summer faculty-led programs organized by Study Abroad
Additional Application Requirements (Exchange & Affiliated Programs)
Many programs require that you submit an additional application to the overseas exchange university or affiliate partner. Check with your program provider for details and deadlines. Common affiliate/exchange application requirements include:
- Official UT transcript
- Student photos
- Professor recommendations
- Authorization form signed by your program coordinator
Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee acceptance to the study abroad program. An applicant's total educational and disciplinary record, educational objective, professional attitude, level of preparedness and interpersonal maturity, advisor recommendations, special talents, personal preparation and personal achievements may be considered in the selection process. The University reserves the right to interview the student during the application process and to deny acceptance to any applicant for any reason the University determines to be material to the applicant's qualifications.
Additionally, students studying or conducting research abroad may not be on academic or disciplinary probation, suspension or deferred suspension at the time of application, prior to or during their time abroad. To ensure compliance with this policy, applicant files are checked for sanctions by the Office of the Dean of Students.