1. Complete your online UT pre-departure requirements, accessible through MySAO. Pre-departure requirements for UT include:
- Online Orientation Modules (2)
- Online Financial Aid Counseling (if you are a financial aid recipient)
- Health Clearance
- Insurance and Emergency Contact Information
- Flight and Travel Itinerary
- Passport Information
2. Prepare for your time abroad by attending a pre-departure orientation. Dates and times of sessions will be emailed to you upon acceptance.
3. If you are attending an exchange/affiliated program, meet with your program coordinator to discuss the courses you plan to take while abroad and the credit you’ll receive at UT.
4. Make sure you have a current passport and research visa requirements for your host country and countries you plan to visit. The US State Department provides information for US citizens.
5. Visit the Travel-Prep website and take the online Travel Health Course through UHS.
6. US citizens should register with the US State Department prior to departure.
Do you need help finding housing while you're overseas? Check out housinganywhere.com for ideas!