|UT Semester Programs|
UT in Paris and UT in Sydney are customized opportunities for IRG and KHE majors, respectively, to take part in a unique program that combines UT-Austin courses abroad with a semester-long exchange, all tailored to meet your academic needs so you stay on track with your degree.
UT in Paris, for International Relations and Global Studies Majors
UT in Sydney, for Kinesiology and Health Education majors
• A three-week UT course taught abroad followed by a fall semester exchange
• An online one credit International Learning Seminar designed to develop crucial skills for the global marketplace, including enhancing your ability to live and study in a cross-cultural environment
• Earn at least 16 hours of in-residence credit though the program, while paying UT’s flat rate for the fall semester
• Access to numerous courses applicable to your major at a world-class institution
• Global Pathways program-scholarships available
One of the novel benefits of this program is knowing what UT credit you can obtain from you international courses before you leave Austin. The Study Abroad Office, in collaboration with various departments on campus, works to pre-approve courses for UT credit, so you know the exact credit you can get abroad, as well as how it best applies to your degree plan. This gives you more control over which classes you take abroad. Use the online tool My Credit Abroad (MyCA) to explore your options and start the conversation with your academic advisor about what courses and credit will work best for you. You will work with your study abroad program coordinator to choose an applicable course load for the fall semester out of a wide ranges of courses offered.
Two classes (4 credits total) are required:
Priority Application Deadline: December 1, 2012
Applications will be accepted until February 15 on a space-available basis.
The UT application is online. in addition, a signed Financial Responsibility Policy must be on file by the deadline for your application to be considered complete.