In order to support all students traveling to international locations The University has put into place the following travel policy. All enrolled undergraduate, graduate and professional students participating in activities or events abroad (whether required or optional) should follow the Steps to Obtain Authorization to Travel Abroad.
The types of activities and events covered by this policy include:
- trips organized and/or sponsored by The University of Texas at Austin that are part of or contribute to an academic course or degree program including internships, practicum, and research;
- academic-related international service learning, internships, practicum, research, and volunteer opportunities organized and/or sponsored by the University of Texas at Austin;
- travel by members of a registered student organization regardless of whether or not the organization requires its student members to attend the activity or event;
- other trips organized and/or sponsored by The University of Texas at Austin including the activities of sponsored student organizations;
- travel to meetings of academic-related, professional associations including conferences.
Students participating in official Study Abroad Programs, Social Work Field Placements and Architecture Professional Residency opportunities are not required to complete the International Travel Authorization and should instead complete an application to study abroad. See the “How to Apply” section of our website for details.
For additional information, please contact the Travel Advisor at:
Last update: Nov. 10, 2011