the univeristy of texas at austin

Home  | Site Search:

UT Austin International Office International Student and Scholar Services

Emergency Issues When ISSS is Closed

contact isss banner

Emergencies: Immigration v. Non-Immigration

Examples of Immigration Related Emergencies Trouble at the U.S. Port of Entry, immediate danger of being deported from the United States, arrest, detention by a federal officer.
Examples of Non Immigration Related Emergencies Personal injury, urgent and unexpected hospitalization, sexual assault, automobile accident, robbery, missing persons.

If you are experiencing a non-immigration-related emergency:

  • If you are on campus, call the UT Police Department at (512) 471-4441 for all immigration-related emergencies or urgent events that occur on campus. Explain your situation and the respondent will transfer your call to the appropriate International Office staff member.
  • If you are off campus, call 911.
  • After you receive assistance, notify ISSS. Do not call 911 for immigration-related questions.

Immigration-Related Issues & Questions

Emergency Solution
I need a travel signature.
  1. Complete a shipping request via eShipGlobal
  2. Email to in order to request a new I-20/DS-2019. Be sure to include your UT EID in the email.
I lost my I-20 or DS-2019
  1. Complete a shipping request via eShipGlobal
  2. Send an email to in order to request a reprinted I-20/DS-2019. Be sure to include your UT EID in the email.
I got an I-515 when I arrived at the Port of Entry into the U.S.
  1. If you receive Form I-515, you have 30 days from the date of entry to submit your immigration documents to the Student and Exchange Visitor Program Office (SEVP).
  2. Please schedule an appointment with ISSS when the office reopens so we can assist you in preparing your paperwork.
My passport was lost/stolen
  1. Please contact your local embassy to apply for a replacement. Some embassies require a police report in the case of a stolen passport. If your paper I-94 card has been lost as well, you must file an application with USCIS for a replacement.
  2. Schedule an appointment with ISSS when the office reopens so we can help you reapply for a new I-94 card.
My Visa is delayed
  1. Let your department know about the delay, and ask if they can accommodate a late arrival.
  2. Please contact ISSS when the office reopens to explore your options.
I am a new student in need of I-20/DS-2019
  1. If you have been admitted to the University of Texas at Austin for the upcoming semester and need an I-20 or DS-2019, make sure to complete and upload the Certification of Financial Responsibility (CFR) form.
  2. When the office reopens, an international student advisor will review your form and issue your immigration document.
I have questions about the health insurance
  1. For questions about your health insurance, please refer to our frequently asked questions for further information.